Who we work with
While we are able to support people with a wide range of learning disabilities we have particular expertise in supporting individuals with very challenging and complex needs.
We tailor unique support packages built on individual choice which enables people with complex needs to live an ordinary life.
The range of services offered by us is not exhaustive but one which is specialised, which require additional skills. This may be available subject to assessment of needs and availability of resources.
Our skilled team assess the needs of potential clients prior to admission. The assessment aims to ensure compatibility of the client and the service. This is usually reviewed on a regular basis to ensure that the bespoke service produced for our clients are always effective.
We work with people who have a variety of complex needs such as:
- Asperger’s Syndrome
- Sensory Impairment
- Speech and language difficulties
- Challenging Behaviour
- Mental Health Issues
- Early onset Dementia
Autism is a lifelong developmental disorder that affects how a person communicates with and relates to, other people. It also affects how they make sense of the world around them.
Winraycare housing provides support to people with various Autistic Spectrum Disorders to enable them to live a more fulfilling life either independently or in a supported living set-up. The aim of our service is to help adults with autism spectrum disorder to achieve their potential and live the life they want.
The support Winraycare can offer in this area is:
- Comprehensive care packages and 24-hour supported living for those with more complex needs.
- A few hours each week to help with the challenges of everyday life.
- Fully trained staff who have a vast knowledge of the various Autistic Spectrum Disorders, including Asperger Syndrome
- We enable individuals with Autism to develop their communication skills through the use of visual communication strategies, objects of reference and other communication aids.
- Each person is supported to develop basic living skills such as self-care, laundry, shopping, cooking and budgeting.
- We have successfully supported individuals with autism to progress from a residential setting to supported living in their own homes.
Speech and Language Therapy (SALT)
We receive support with SALT through the local learning disability team. This is done through using PECS and Makaton.